Specialist Tree Surgery, Tree Clearance, Tree Management and Vegetation Management
With many years experience in both forestry and
Rose Tree Care only use modern equipment to insure your job is carried out quickly and safely. We cause little disturbance to any work site enabling us to meet tight time schedules.
All our machinery is owned by us: excavators, a range of large chippers, and we carry out all aspects of tree work in house without the need to subcontract.
We carry out a range or services from individual Tree Removal to whole site, large scale, Tree and Vegetation Clearance.
Rose Tree Care regularly & successfully complete large projects for Civil Construction companies, Government Agencies, Local Authorities, Land Owners and Facilities Management companies.
- Tree inspection and reporting
- Tree pruning and removal
- Tree planting for landscaping and woodland establishment
- Tree safety work for schools, Our staff are all DBS enhanced checked
- Vegetation management and removal for new developments
- Site clearance for construction and vegetation management
- PTS qualified railway de-vegetation
- Ecology works,
- Roadside tree clearance and vegetation management
- Facilities management
- Petrol Forecourts – UKPIA-SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport Qualified
- Ivy removal from buildings and structures
- We hold £10 million employers liability insurance
- £5 million public liability insurance
- £1 million indemnity insurance
- CSCS certified plant operators
- CPCS certified machine operators
- Full H&S documentation
- CIS + VAT registered
- Small highly capable team for a fast efficient bespoke service
Rose Tree Care are Chas Accredited, Safe Contractor Approved and SMAS Worksafe Accredited. We operate a full Health and Safety System.
Our Staff carry CSCS cards for works on Development sites and we are fully equipped to carry out large and complex projects.
We have a full suite of Risk assessments, method statements, Health and safety and environmental policy statements and other task and other industry specific policies to accompany any job all of which we are only to happy to present to any potential client.
We run large lorries & chippers for an efficient and safe service. We can remove material from
Lorries fitted with cranes and diggers fitted with loading attachments, mean we can handle bulky material, such as logs and branches, quickly minimising time and cost.
Rose Tree Care can provide great references from many different industries such as Rail Contractors, Civil Engineering companies and Industrial Parks.
Whilst many tree companies offer Commercial tree services very few can match the equipment, experience
Pre-Development Site Clearance
We have machinery at our disposal capable of removing and chipping large diameter trees and vegetation for site & land clearance. This includes whole tree chippers and 360′ Excavators, with timber grabs, for moving large quantities of cut produce efficiently. As well as smaller compact machines such as road tow and tracked chippers.
All our machinery is operated by in house skilled and qualified staff.
Our staff also carry CSCS (Construction skills certification scheme) cards for working on construction sites and all our staff have the correct NPTC (national proficiency test council) qualification for any task they are carrying out.
Vegetation Flailing / Mulching
Rose Tree Care have our own range of vegetation flails suitable for a range of projects. We have small excavator mounted flails, and mulchers, ideal for site investigation works and the removal of brambles on banks or contaminated sites.
Our Flail, mounted on our 3 tonne excavator, is easily moved for short duration and tight access jobs.
Some applications include,
- Ecological destructive surveys
- Removal of vegetation around obstacles such as pilings
- River bank mowing
- Hedge flailing
- Track side de-veg
- Vegetation removal on steep banks
- Vegetation removal on contaminated ground
Land Clearance, Hedgerow removal
We can quickly and effortlessly remove vegetation, such as Hedgerows, and other thorny and difficult to deal with vegetation. We can tailor methods to your particular site requirements. Such sites we have experience in dealing with includes those with ecological constraints, difficult terrain and wet sites with poor ground conditions.
Road Side Tree & Vegetation Clearance
We have in house operatives, qualified on the Street Works Register, to install and maintain traffic lights and traffic management.
Combined with machinery capable of processing roadside trees quickly such as excavators with brash grapples and large chippers. We can deal with private and commercial landowners roadside tree and vegetation management problems, quickly, safely and efficiently, minimising inconvenience to road users.
The photo opposite is the Rose Tree team operating a one lane traffic light controlled road closure, whilst using a 360 digger, with selector grab, to prepare brash for a 15inch wood chipper. Clearing trees for
Roadside Tree Safety Works
We can undertake roadside safety works, removing roadside trees and pruning works. Utilising Mewps/Cherry Pickers and organising road or lane closures.
Our staff are qualified under IPAF for using Cherry Pickers as well as traditional rope and harness techniques. Works we have under took include thinning woodland roadside trees for visual improvements and woodland thinning. Canopy raising for clearance and pruning of trees.
We also use Mewps for other tree works including removal of vegetation from structures, dismantling un climbable trees and removing vegetation & trees from security lights and CCTV
Pre-Development Site Clearance & Ecological Mitigation
We can tailor site clearances for ecologically sensitive sites. We have experience with working with stringent site constraints such as Great Crested
The photo opposite is us working with a
Using Cranes for Tree Work & Dismantling Trees in Inaccessible Places
We have great experience in using cranes in tree work. Often used for removal of trees which are very large, with poor access, or too dangerous for rigging systems. We can use cranes for dismantling trees safely as well as for accessing trees which are not suitable for rope and harness techniques.
The tree below needed removing as part of Network Rail infrastructure upgrades in Aylesbury. The rail bridge behind was being replaced and the tree was preventing works.
The tree was situated with a steep rail embankment behind and a river in front with a busy road in front of that. The tree was completely inaccessible to machinery and a dangerous scrabble for workers with no drop zone for branches. Due to the busy road this job had to be done at night. We arranged for the road to closed and utilised a 35 tonne crane which lifted and lowered branches cut by a tree climber in the tree across the river and safely onto the road for processing.
Due to strict safety rules on the railway (and rules for crane use combined with the proximity of branches being lifted by the crane from a climber aloft in the tree)
- We can create work schedules and pricing schedules
- Whole site tree management reports
- Assessments to your tree stocks health and condition
- Written recommendations to future management of current tree stocks
- Design new planting schemes including site species selection and aftercare
- Liaising with authorities, seeking consent, planning permission
- Tree preservation orders and conservation area consent and application
- All aspects of tree works to BS3998 (see tree surgery)
- Dismantling, felling and removal of trees
- Tree pruning, shaping
- Stump removal
- Hedge/conifer trimming and restoration
- Bulk tree removal/tree clearance
- Green waste recycling
- Clearing of scrub and other vegetation
- Timber extraction
- On-site chipping
- Green waste removal
- Habitat management
- Habitat creation
- Environmental mitigation
- Ecological work
- Low impact works on ecologically sensitive sites
- Woodland planting
- Recreation area planting
- Tree planting for landscape improvement
- Tree planting for habitat creation
Ivy & Vegetation Removal from Structures
- Ivy removal from houses, buildings and walls
- Ivy removal from trees
- Tree and vegetation removal from obscure places
- MEWP/Access platform for building access(IPAF)
Sub-Contract Services + Railways PTS Operatives
All Our staff our qualified for work on Network Rail Infrastructure and qualified with PTS.
We regally subcontract Tree and Vegetation Management PTS operatives to Railways companies as well as managing our own Trackside site vegetation management.
Amongst our operatives we have:
- PTS CPCS 360 excavator operatives
- Chainsaw PTS operatives
- Tree climbers and aerial rescuers PTS
- PTS de-vegetation operatives
Rose Tree Care can provide full risk assessments, method statements, staff profiles and copies of relevant competency certificates. We would also be pleased to give contact details of past contracts for references.
Utilising Excavators for Clearing Large Areas of Trees
- Cut and burn of invasive species clearance for The Wildlife Trust
- Highly efficient and cost effective
- Low ground pressure machines
- Skilled and certified operators
- Ideal for ecology works and conservation works